Thursday 7 August 2014

On my travels


Hi all :)
So today I'm travelling seeing family and friends. Will probably be the last time for a while so im making the most of it. 
It's weird how quick this summer seems to be going when I keep thinking it's dragging. But I have re-read some of my earlier blog posts and some statuses etc from social sites and it has gone very quick. 
I am more or less sorted for starting university apart from getting my house organised.  
Me and my partner have just moved so everything I did have organised is now lying in boxes. 
But so far, I have a diary (using a filofax), a wall planner, many lever arch files, many pens, highlighters, notepads, hole punch, poly pockets, a dictaphone, a usb stick, 2 external hard drives and my laptop.
So seemingly stationary wise I appear to have what I may need. Failing that, there will be the Welcome Week fair where you always bag some freebies! Even if it is just a few pens! 
I've seen a good few people panicking about occupational health checks still, what to do about finances, what bag to use, if to have a tablet, how you can get on with others, what age group will be in your cohort etc. The list goes on.
But my advice would be to not worry too much.  Universities will send out information that you will need and there will be induction classes before your actual classes get underway. 
I'm now just waiting on information being sent from my university in regards to induction and when to go for uniform measurement etc.  And then once that's on I can sort out how I'm getting it off work! 
But I am really looking forward to starting and seeing how the course is structured and how much work we will get!
So only a little longer to wait and then university starts. After all them months of waiting, finally!

No comments:

Post a Comment