Thursday 8 May 2014

May 8th

UCAS offer day. 

Within student nurse / midwifery wannabes circles …this is such an important day!

The internet forums i was on were buzzing, my phone was never out my hand waiting for that dreaded UCAS update email. 

I was at work, so i awoke and off to work i went. Not knowing what the day held in store. It was mad. Everytime my phone went off my heart was in my mouth. And then i tried to forget about it and concentrate on what i was there to do…work!

Then it came to lunch time. I literally had just sat down and my phone went off. UCAS.

'UCAS status application update' -

"Something has changed on your UCAS application." 

This is when having a smart phone and not an old fashioned Nokia is the best blessing! I sat there trying to log into UCAS. In my hurried and nervous state i couldnt remember my application number, or my password. Then when i did i entered it wrong twice. I must have looked like a mad woman hunched over my phone tapping furiously.


I logged in. 


Scrolled down.


OMG!!!!!!!!

Had i read that right? Did that just say congratulations? I think it did. After reading…re-reading and reading again….I’M IN!

Could not believe it!

So i ran outside to make phone calls. I got to start the phone call with a rather loud hurried and VERY excited…


"I’M GOING TO BE A NURSE!!!!!"


This of course then had to be announced to everyone else i knew via other social media outlets. (forgone are the days of carrier pigeon apparently) 

And then i was on a high the rest of the day! 

Best feeling in the world realising that over two years of preparation and hard work as well as progressing in my career over the past several years have been all but worth it. 

It’s all paid off :D

No comments:

Post a Comment