Friday 9 May 2014

Congratulations!!

So after i accepted and firmed my offer (my 1st choice uni too!)

I then went out to celebrate.

Food drinks dancing and live music..was a great night!

And my poor partner. I couldn’t stop all day and all night..guess what..im going to be a nurse…Guess what…4 months…Guess what…141 days….Guess what…there’s my uni…Guess what..it’s so exciting i can drive past my uni already!
It was never ending. But the emotional high after all the time planning and preparing your application, the stress you go through sitting and waiting. The guessing game of what order they process applications and interviews. The ‘what if’ that’s always circling your head. The unknown future. The future that someone else holds in their hands. Its all very stressful and daunting. But so so worth it.

So the day after i got an email from the admissions department. Detailing what to do with regards to my police check and occupational health.

I received an unconditional offer as i had already completed all exams etc necessary for entry. However the offer is still subject to satisfactory police check and occupational health check. However, in my current role i have had these done. So im not too worried!

For those who don’t know, an occupational health check is very simple. They need to check your blood for immunity (sometimes not always) and your GP records for when you have had vaccinations and boosters etc. They need to see if you are fit and healthy to be looking after others who aren’t so fit and healthy unfortunately. These will involve checking your hands for wounds, broken skin or skin conditions. It may involve taking a blood sample to test. It may involve you needing a print off of your vaccination history. It’s simply a sit down with an occupational health nurse to assess your current health.

The next step is to fill in the form and get it sent straight back for police checks. If you have never had one of these done or haven’t for a while it can take anything from 2 weeks to 8 weeks to come back. This is why it’s best getting this filled in and sent off straight away. The ID required as proof was seen at my interview, so all i need to do is fill it in, pay and send it off. (Which is what i will be doing today on my day off)
Then the university is holding an information day that will detail everything you need to know in regards to the course etc.

And as luck would have it i fly out the country the day before! But i am hoping they can either email me the information or my partner could possible go (cheeky i know!) I will be emailing them to ask!
So now..im going to be asking everyone nearest and dearest for student nurse gifts. Ie money to buy the very important textbooks (others i can get from the library) Money to buy uniform and many a pen and fob watch! ( I lose mine a lot at work..no idea how)

And so now the countdown until enrolement begins!

141 days to be precise…

No comments:

Post a Comment