Monday 13 July 2015

Results

Hey!

Hope everyone is doing well!

I have finished placement and I have received my final year results! 
And in case you have not guessed by all the exclamation marks I am over the moon!! 



It was what seemed like a very long day of having our results put online one by one.  Forever checking the university portal to see what we had! 
I think that was the most stressful thing about the exams! 

It was a very long day and our last result was not up until about 6pm. So you can imagine everyone's frustrations.  

There were a few students who failed an exam or assignments so they are redoing them in August.  There has been support from the tutors for them and then practice questions placed online for them to go over and hopefully assist with their exams. 


Anyhoo, I am so glad it is all over and done with. I have submitted my portfolio from placement and our OSCE results had to be stapled in there too. I also included drawings that I was given from students on my placement too (no names on them). So once that is marked by my tutor and then sent off to the exam board to be ratified then that is me done. We then have to register again in September to say we are returning and then our timetables and new modules will be placed online.  

I was so very happy with my results that I did a little happy dance around the house! 

So now I am going to enjoy a summer off.  I will be volunteering and doing duties with St John Ambulance to keep my clinical skills up.  I also have been driving the ambulance as well, so I will be studying for my test in that to then hopefully drive under blue light conditions.  I am also going to be working for the agencies that I am registered with, so I will be working in a variety of settings there too.  I find this not only helps with your clinical skills, but also helps in finding your feet in different settings and boosting your confidence.  It is just important to remember that although you can do things as a nursing student, when working, you may not be able to.  So always work within your remit and competencies.  

Enjoy your summer everyone, I will be back with a few more posts during, just not as regular as term time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment