Tuesday 14 April 2015

Easter Holidays

The Easter holidays have been lovely! Gorgeous weather and glorious sunshine. Now being a nursing student, i have of course, not seen much of this sunshine. A few of my coursemates have been out and about, but i have been busy working and i have been busy revising. I think this is where it is noticeable on people's age differences. While I'm doing work others are out enjoying the sun! I have been trying to revise and get this new assignment done. I got my marks back from my other essay and i was very pleased with that. So i am hoping i can carry that on. 
I have all my exams and my OSCE exams at the end of May so the next month is going to be very busy. I will be using my gaps between lectures to get revision done and then once i am home get my essay written. It takes a lot of dedication and self restraint when the weather is this nice! 
When i return to university we collect our portfolios that we submitted before the break. We also have meetings with our personal tutors to see how we are getting on and if there is anything we need to talk about and any issues we may have. 
Then after that it is lectures, where we will cover some new topics as well as recap from the first two phases. It is going to take a lot of work as we have little over a month then all our classes are done. We then have our third placement from June onwards and then after that it is the summer. So we have about 8 weeks off for that if i have my dates right! So a little longer than some others have on nursing courses. So hopefully we will have a nice summer this year! 
I am planning on working a lot over the summer as it has been tough going working part time alongside placement and class. There are some days you are so exhausted all you want to do is cry, and others where you may feel like hibernating! But it has gone so quick and it is really worth it. But last summer i worked and saved up and of course during the course of the year that has gone, so i'll be doing it all again this summer! (and i'll be putting my feet up too at some point!) 
I have been busy over the holidays with family as well so it is has been difficult juggling everything. But i just have to remember in little over a month im finished! (Excluding my last placement) so here is hoping all that hard work pays off! 
Hope your holidays were nice. Now all the hard work and living like a recluse for the next month kicks in. And best of luck if you're still waiting to hear back from those universities! 

2 comments:

  1. Still loving the blog-always look forward to the next installment! Good luck with your exams and OSCE's!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      It has been a very busy past few weeks! We only have really a couple more weeks and that is us all done classes for first year...where does the time go!
      Just revision now......

      Delete