Saturday 13 December 2014

My Reading List

As I have wrote a previous post on my books that I had read in the run up to applying, I thought I'd update you on what books I do have now and ones that I don't but I have borrowed from the library and found useful.

In my first year at university, all four branches are integrated. We sometimes have the midwives in on the life sciences lectures but not often.  So we are all learning the same things this year.  Next year it will be different and we will get to know one another a lot more on the learning disability branch.  So our books needed have mainly all been the same until it comes to assignments.  We have all needed to do the same assignments this year but we are told in our assignments that we need to relate it to the branch that we are doing.  So that is where books unique to our branch will come in to it.  

The books I have used so far (in phase 1 / semester 1);




  •  Anatomy and Physiology - Tortora & Derrickson


  • Nurses! Test Yourself in Anatomy and Physiology - Katherine M. A. Rogers & William H. Scott 



  • Health Promotion: Discipline, Diversity and Developments - R. Bunton & G. Macdonald




  • Fundamentals of Nursing - B. Kozier et al.




  • Nursing Practice, Hospital and Home - M. F. Alexander et al.




I have also read local trust policies and guidelines when on placement.  I have also kept up to date with the local, national and worldwide health news as this impacts us all.  These are in addition to the books I already have or have read mentioned in an earlier post. You can find that post here. However, if you need any help or are wondering about anything else you may think you want to get started on before you start university then please don't hesitate to get in touch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment