Tuesday 12 January 2016

Phase 5

Happy New Year to you all!

Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas break (if you managed to have one!)

I am now back to my other home and once again, revising and writing my assignment.
Its 2500 words on people with a learning disability and their health needs.  It has taken far longer than my other ones have, due to the amount of research i have had to do and the lack of research i've then come across! But i am getting there.

I have organised revision sessions in the library with the others from my group and i've lost count of the amount of messages concerning referencing i've had!

I am looking forward to getting back to phase 5, we now have 20 weeks left of teaching contact time. It seems so scary to think 20 weeks left of teaching for my whole degree. It's flying in!

This phase we are covering various topics in relation to learning disability, including genetics, behaviour, communication and the criminal justice system. So i am looking forward to that.
I also have my next placement so i will be eager to start that too!
We should be able to go to the local genetics lab if possible, depending on access and staffing etc.
But this phase should be interesting as we get down to the nitty gritty so to speak of learning disabilities, how they occur, why and how we can then help those people. 
Its nice to see how everything is slowly coming together too. 

I shall hopefully be posting an update at the end of the week in what we have covered in practicals, my portfolio and all things such as that. But it doesn't seem like we are in long before we are once again back out on placement. 

The pace does seem to be quickening and there is a lot more expected of us now we are almost half way through our second year (wow!)

Hope you're all doing well and i'm keeping my fingers crossed for all you new applicants! 

No comments:

Post a Comment